Monday, May 5, 2014

Stress

(I wonder if Blogger will let me do my own paragraphing. It seems to have taken over and is not dividing my text where I want new paragraphs. In fact, it has decided that I only need one paragraph throughout. I realized paragraphing is somewhat subjective, but, darn it, if I want more than one paragraph, let me have more than one. See? I'm a little stressed today.) The consequences of Mr. Fixit's high potassium levels could have dire consequences. I so confused about what he should be eating. It seems that most most vegetables have scads of potassium. I'm at my wit's end. No tomato products, no bananas (which is is favorite fruit), no broccoli, no carrots, no dried beans, no potatoes, no almost-every-other-vegetable I can think of. When you consider this low potassium thing along with his low cholesterol, I spend more time researching on-line than I do actually cooking. The thing is, it's probably my fault he's having this problem. I thought I was improving his diet after his kidney removal and the cancer diagnosis. Most of the stuff he was eating is extremely high in potassium. I wonder why someone didn't mention after the kidney removal that this could be a problem. I had absolutely no idea. He has another appointment for labs Wednesday to see if the level have dropped to an acceptable level. I hope so, and I hope someone will talk to us about his diet. __________________________________________________________ Note: Dammit! There is supposed to be four paragraphs; the Blogger/Google gods who know EVERYTHING seem to think One should be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment