Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Good News!

Yesterday the doctor reviewed Mr. Fixit’s latest scan with us. The new was great! Some of the nodules have completely disappeared and the larger ones have decreased in size considerably.

The doctor said that only 20 per cent of patients taking this drug have results like this. He made an appointment for Mr. Fixit in a month, and said he needed another scan in four months. He even talked about that maybe after a year, we could discuss taking discontinuing the medication completely.

I thought the news would ease Mr. Fixit’s depression, but it doesn’t seem to have helped it much. He is still down when it’s just me with him. When other people are around or he talks with his family on the phone, he is his old self. The doctor said that he was going to send in a prescription to our pharmacy for the nausea, but something happened and we don’t have it yet. Maybe that has something to do with his bad mood, or maybe he’s sick and tired of me and bland food.

But what a load off my mind! I was so scared; I was running through scenarios that would allow me to skip this appointment. But that was just my little fantasy; I went and heard the wonderful news in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment