Monday, June 23, 2014

Not Such Good News

Mr. Fixit hasn’t been feeling well since they halved his medication. His heart problems have been regulated, but there are still some side effects that are bothering him. He seems to be very depressed. I was hoping he would be feeling better by now, but he naps twice a day and doesn’t feel like doing anything. He has been losing weight also.

The scan is this coming Wednesday. I hope it shows good things. I wish he had been able to tolerate the original dose of his meds. Maybe there would be enough improvement that he could stop the chemo completely. He just couldn’t take it. The weird thing is he seems to be feeling worse now than he did before.

I don’t know how to deal with his depression. There is nothing I can say that will make him feel better. He gets a little testy when I try to be upbeat, and I can understand that completely. I don’t know how to walk the line between being annoying Miss Merry Sunshine and being supportive without the syrup as it were.

We won’t get the results of the scan until July 7. The appointment had been made for two days after the scan, but they called and rescheduled. The doctor will be out of town. Waiting won’t be easy on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment